Perhaps the problem is that samba doesn't know about the ordinary user accounts?

At the command line on the samba server, you may add an account to samba with:

        smbpasswd -a your_unix_account_name

You will be prompted for a password twice.

If that isn't the issue, then I would expect that problem is that your ordinary user isn't a member of whatever group has permission to access the share.