[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
thanks again James!

I'm downloading the 2.6.15-git12 source/patch and will give it a go as the
changelog shows this patch was rolled in.

Not being a developer,  this may be a stupid question and I woudln't know
it ,  can I take proc.c from the page you supplied,  replace the existing
one in,  and recompile my 2.6.5-7.191 kernel from source?  I guess what
i'm asking is if it is version sensitive.  I ask as this is a sles9 box
under support;  I'd rather try and keep things as much the way it was
shipped as possible.

thanks james for your help,
greg

Greg,

It appears the patch is across all versions. You should be able to patch your current kernel, if you have the source.

I'm also not sure if this is the exact problem. I build my own kernel from the 2.4.x source tree frequently and update my RPMs by hand, so I try to keep track of the patches. This one sticks out; because it involves the smb file sharing and possible corruption with the file permissions.

Good Luck,
James Kosin