List,

there seems to be a limitation to 12 chars in smbclient. If someone has the same problem:
        net rpc share list -S IP_target_system -U%
is the solution.

Toby

Tobias Glemser wrote on 14.02.2006 15:50:
List,

while trying to list all shares in my network using smbclient I recognized that some shares are missing. ("hostname" is a Win2K Box).

    smbclient -L -U "" -N hostname
shows no shares (using NULL-Session-Logon as you can see)

if I use a windows box to connect to "hostname" using
    net use \\hostname "" /User:""
I can see all shares of this box in the explorer. On samba-based boxes, smblient seems to retrieve all shares.

But don't blame it only on the Null-Session-Logon, also if I connect to the box using
    smbclient -L -U "Administrator" -N hostname
I only get the admin-shares.

Is there an option I missed on smbclient to also see the missing share?
And, by the way, is there a way to retrieve the admin shares using NULL Session Logon like some w$nd0ws based audit tools?

Thanks in advance!

Toby