Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
First, you really need to upgrade from 3.0.4.  The
capability to delete drivers is one of them.  The amount
of bugs that have been fixed in the past 20 months is
really large.  Secondly, like I said, the driver name is
stored in the printer object.

Been too nervous!!  3.0.4 has been stable.  :)

Here is the ntprinters.tdb record after I removed the driver
reference in ntdrivers.tdb.  I do not see the driver name
stored as you say it is.

key 12 bytes
SECDESC/p37

That's because this is the security descriptor record and
not the printer object record.

Hmmm...  which tdb is the printer object?