Lars Boegild Thomsen schrieb:
Robert Schetterer wrote:

Lars Boegild Thomsen schrieb:
have one "unknown".  The company mail run on an Exchange server that is
most likely part of the NT4 network.  Has anybody tried this setup?  I
did look in documentation and google and found precious little - which to
me indicates that it might not be a problem at all (or nobody is running
Exchange).
you should have no problem with samba 3  and exchange 5.5

It should be noted that I have absolutely zero experience with Exchange. Would it be possible to configure this setup so Exchange automatically
create email accounts to valid and active users in the network - or would
they have to be manually created on the Exchange server.

If you have no

experience

with exchange you shouldnt touch or use it ( my opinion ), samba is accting as nt4 server , so if you migrate the accounts from the old nt server to samba in the right way ( see samba migration faqs ) you should not go into trouble with exchange
and all stuff would work as before
Regards