I've been seeing the following message in the nmbd lof:

[2005/09/14 13:59:27, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_name_release_request(118)
  process_name_release_request: Attempt to release name CMT<1d> from IP
172.21.2.149 on subnet 172.21.1.30 being rejected as it is
one of our names.

CMT is our domain name where Samba is the PDC.  There are no machines by the
name CMT.  Does anyone know what this message means?
Could this occur if a machine was set up with the workgroup name CMT but not a
domain member?

TIA,
Larry