Correct me if I'm wrong, but if i recall it right, there was a dos bug in samba 3.0.11 ? 12 ? or 14 ? (somewhere between .11 and .14)
so if you experience dos problems with your version, try a newer version..

Cheers..

Collen

Raphael Neve wrote:
Hello there,

I recently replaced a server running Samba 2.x with a brand new one running Samba 3.0.12. I had a couple DOS machines running the Microsoft Client which worked fine on the old server. On the new one, they can log in fine, and do a "dir" on the remote drive, but when I try to copy a file to or from the server, the DOS machine hangs, and on the server I get a "Connection reset by peer" in the log.smbd.

Does anyone have any idea what this might  be ?

I snouted about a bit on the internet and it seems there might be a speed disparity, and the data is going to fast for the DOS machines.... I tried playing with the "sendfile" share parameter but with no noticeable difference.

Thanks,
Raphael Neve