Paul Matthews wrote:
well I looked into this about 6 months ago now and the answer then way not
without a lot of effort and scripts and it was just a messy answer. But if
you find an answer i'd be interested in hearing it, try
http://www.ldapguru.com/ I think there is a constant topic about this.

This probably isn't an option if you've already deployed OpenLDAP, but Novell's eDirectory has an addon called Identity Manager which does this kind synchronization to AD (and many, many other applications) very smoothly. Yes it's commercial, but it is relatively inexpensive and it's the best damn directory out there in my opinion if you're going to be serious about this.