Holy crap! It's alive!

There were I believe 2 articles I read that said to set that to No; and since I didn't find any that said it should be Yes, I had forgotten about it.

Many many thanks Martin!

Tom

Martin Zielinski wrote:
Ok Tom,

last try! Hope this is it!

 From the smb.conf:

"show add printer wizard = No"

Please set it to yes.

I could reproduce your "grayed-out" condition and it went away when this parameter was set to yes.

~ Martin

Tom wrote:
Well, for giggles I put 'use client driver' back to 'No' in the smb.conf; still doesn't work. Do I need to change 'security = user' to 'security = domain'?

I've been through all the troubleshooting steps posted in the archives. None have worked. Either I've missed something in those archives or mine is a new problem. Either way, the crystal ball doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks for the help,

Tom

Martin Zielinski wrote:

Jerry,

I'd really need your crystal ball sometimes!

Yes, Tom isn't part of a domain (security = user as default), so he can't su to a "SAVAGEPHP\administrator" or so - and there is a "use client driver = yes" in the [printers] section of his smb.conf (which has been attached to the original post).

If the access rights are ok, this should be the reason and I should have
known.

Tom?

Respect,
Martin

Ryan Novosielski wrote:

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Tom wrote:

Well, I'm trying to add drivers to the server through the Properties
dialog box for my printer. Right click on the printer, left click
Properties, Advanced tab, New Driver button type of thing. Except that
the New Driver button is greyed out. I've checked and my user has the
SePrintOperatorPrivilege rights assigned to him but it still does not
work.

* jerry gazes into his crystal ball and then steps up to the mic....

Do you have 'use client driver = yes' ?  If so, disable it
(the default setting).

This is a rhetorical question, because I do not know the answer -- does this user need to be a member of "Domain Admins"?

Tom, try "net groupmap list" and see what group is mapped to "Domain Admins" -- is the user you're connecting as a member of that group? If not, does making sure that they are make a difference? I'd also ask you to check to make sure privileges are turned on, but if they weren't, attempting to add PrintOperatorPrivilege would have failed with NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_PRIVILEGE or equivalent.

BTW, do you have a [print$] defined, with the proper tree created beneath it? The directories all have to be there first. Check your logs for red flags, if there are any. Generally things break farther down the line, though, so I'm pretty sure it's Samba permissions.