Hi,

we are running a samba sever 3.0.20 (SuSE SLES9) for file services.
We have still a NT4 domain (for auth) and ldap for unix (user+groups).

The linux is using our LDAP server to get all user & group informations.
However under samba it is not possible to change the group
of a file or folder. None of the groups are shown ...

On the shell id etc. shows everything corrently.

Do I have to add the ldap paramter as well to the config ?

[global]
        workgroup = BGC
        server string = DVA. BGC New SNFS Fileserver(Minerva)
        netbios name = MINERVA
        netbios aliases = GAIA MINERVA
        interfaces = eth0
        security = domain