I'm running samba 3.0.22 installed from ports on my FreeBSD 6.0 amd64 server. My problem is that every half an houre samba is trying to connect to cups and get refused and then "spam" my smbd.log file with the failed attempt.

I don't want to use printing i samba and I don't have any printers or cups running. Is there any way to disable printing support in samba?

This is what I have in my smbd.conf already, but that doesn't seem to help.
printing = none
load printers = no

log.smbd:
[2006/05/02 19:43:25, 0] printing/print_cups.c:cups_cache_reload(85)
Unable to connect to CUPS server localhost - Connection refused
[2006/05/02 20:02:12, 0] printing/print_cups.c:cups_cache_reload(85)
Unable to connect to CUPS server localhost - Connection refused
[2006/05/02 20:02:12, 0] printing/print_cups.c:cups_cache_reload(85)
Unable to connect to CUPS server localhost - Connection refused
etc. etc.

There must be a way to tell samba that I don't want to use printing at all?

If you reply to this please CC to me as I'm not signed up to the mailing list.

Thanks

--
Daniel Johansson - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>