Good day,

I'm hoping someone can provide me with some direction to get a samba (possibly) issue fixed.

After large/long transfers, usually couple hundred megs +, the disc I'm transferring the files turns into a read-only drive. I have to unmount and remount the drive for it to be writable again. I'm not a linux expert so I'm sure I didn't setup everything optimally. The drive it writes to is mdadm created RAID 1, so that may be a problem also, but I'd like to rule out samba first.

I'm running Fedora Core 5 (2.6.16-1.2096_FC5). Using mdadm to run RAID 1 over 2 250 gigs drives. Transfers were between a Mac OS X box and a Linux box, using Apple's SMB/CIFS. I'm not sure if this occurs during a Windows to Linux transfer, but my primary connections will be between Mac to Linux.

Any help or direction to resource would be awesome.

Thanks,
Alex