> I added the following line to the script:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/lib
>
> but still received the same message as below in the logfile.

Try running "set > env-cmd.txt" from the command line and then run
"set > env-script.txt" from within the script and then compare the list
of environment variables, as it may not be LD_LIBRARY_PATH at fault.
grep them for 'lib' perhaps.

Oh - the script isn't running in a chroot jail or anything is it?  It
could be that smbclient can find the library, but it doesn't have
permission to access it.

Cheers,
Adam.