Hi all,

I ran a Samba/LDAP setup for 750 users a while back and the whole plot worked
brilliantly until one day, users received a message along the lines of "Your
password will expire in 14 days". No matter how often people changed their
passwords, they still got the message. 14 days later everyone's account expired
and I ended up spending some time rolling back to tdbsam.

Has anyone had this happen before?

The scripts from Idealx were used, I can't remeber the LDAP version (2.2.?) but
the Samba version was 3.0.20a.

I'm planning to convert back to LDAP due to the size of the network bit in the
event didn't have time to diagnose the source of the problem. Funnily enough,
when the Windows clients stopped signing on Linux clients could still
authenticate fine via LDAP.

Cheers,

Julian PB