Didier Roques napisaƂ(a):
Hi all,
Hello,
I use samba 3.0.20

the ldap paramaters into the smb.conf are:
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost smbpasswd guest
ldap suffix = dc=univ,dc=fr
ldap machine suffix = ou=Hosts
ldap user suffix = ou=People
ldap group suffix = ou=Group
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap

Into my ldap tree i've got 3 domains samba defined
some uid exists into 2 of 3 domains
I also have more than 3 domains in my LDAP ... but it works great!!!
(toto01 exists twice but into two differents domains)
If i use pdbedit -L -v -d 10 toto01 i've got the following thing:

smbldap_search_ext: base => [dc=univ,dc=fr], filter =>
[(&(uid=toto01)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount))], scope => [2]
ldapsam_getsampwnam: Duplicate entries for this user [toto01] Failing.
count=2
How are the domains organized? According to your information it seems that dc=univ,dc=fr is a base for all 3 domains - am I right? In such case the message you get is NORMAL. Shouldn't it be like this:
1) ou=People,ou=domain1,dc=univ,dc=fr
2) ou=People,ou=domain2,dc=univ,dc=fr
3) ou=People,ou=domain3,dc=univ,dc=fr?

But then your samba ldap suffix should be:

ldap suffix = ou=domainx,dc=univ,dc=fr

Why the smbldap_search_ext doesn't search uid only in the
ou=People,dc=univ,dc=fr branch

the filter returned by the smbldap_search_ext seems to be
[(&(uid=toto01)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount))

How to force smb to search only the uid into the branch defined by the
ldap parameters (ou=People,dc=univ,dc=fr) ?
thanks a lot
Hope this helps you ;)

Regards,
Marcin