[net-progs]
       path = /hdb
       read only = No
       guest ok = Yes
       hosts allow = 192.168.1. 192.168.0.

Torsten Geile wrote:
Erik Hertzel schrieb:
All,

I am setting up a SAMBA server on a Redhat 8 Linux box. I have gotten it set up and can ping the server and do have SAMBA installed on the machine. I have gotten SWAT set up and can access the SAMBA server on a Windows PC on the network going through SWAT. But, I can't see the SAMBA server yet in my Network Places. I have set up the smb.conf file and changed the workgroup to the right name and have set the hostname for the SAMBA server. I just can't see it. I have disabled the iptables and still can't see it.

Then, once I get that far, I am having problems getting the shares setup. I just need one share for a new hard drive that I set up (the server has two hard drives, the 10 GIG is for the LINUX redhat installations, etc...) and the 80 GIG (hdb) is for my SAMBA file server. How do I set the share up with the hdb so I can see it and copy files to it from a Windows box on the same workgroup?

Please post your smb.conf to see, what you have configured already.

Torsten

--
Erik Hertzel
Systems Analyst