Hi

Is offline files disabled or enabled? Enabled offline files can sometimes cause problems.

Venlig Hilsen (Best Regards)
Rune Tønnesen

[EMAIL PROTECTED] skrev:
Hi,

I use samba 3.0.22 on Debian Sarge as PDC for windows XP SP1 and SP2. Sometimes, users get the message "Windows cannot found the roaming profile on server so user will get a default profile". (sorry, it's not the official message, I had to translate, because I get the message in french) This error comes only if user log in quickly after the boot. If they wait a little (15/30 seconds) they didn't get the message. When they get this error, I tell them just to close their session, and re open it. And it works fin, they didn't get any error message.

At first I think it was an ACLs problem, but .... it works if user wait a few seconds before login. So I think this problem deals with something about a netbios refresh or windows is not fully ready when it display the login screen. Is there a workaround for this problem, like delaying the login screen with a nice registry key, or perhaps it cames from my samba configuration ?

Thank you.

Here's my smb.conf :

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Global parameters
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[global]
       dos charset = 850
       unix charset = ISO8859-1
       workgroup = elb-lyon
       netbios name = server02
       server string = server02.elb-lyon
       os level = 65
       domain logons = Yes
       domain master = Yes
       local master = Yes
       preferred master = Yes
       wins support = Yes

       obey pam restrictions = Yes
       passdb backend = tdbsam, guest
       passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
       passwd chat debug = Yes
       pam password change = Yes
       unix password sync = Yes

       syslog = 0
       log level = 2
       # log level max = 10
       log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
       max log size = 25600
       dns proxy = No
       invalid users = root2

       # paramètres samba utilisateur par defaut
       logon drive = P:
       logon home = \\server02\%U
       logon path = \\server02\profiles\%U
       logon script = %U.cmd

       # gestion des comptes posix automatique
       # Gestion des comptes POSIX
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g sambamachines -c Machine -d /dev/null -s /bin/false '%u' add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g sambausers -c Utilisateur -d /dev/null -s /bin/false '%u'
       add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd '%g'
       add user to group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -a '%u' '%g'
       delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r '%u'
       delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel '%g'
       delete user from group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -d '%u' '%g'
       set primary group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -g '%g' '%u'

       veto files = /lost+found/ .recycle/ aquota.user/ aquota.group/

       guest account = guest

       hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Necessaire Domaine