Thank you Simo.

Yes, in fact, I explain this behaviour like you said : windows changes ACLs to match that on it's own filesystem. But it's weird because : why only on directories ? And, if this is really a "feature" : is there any tricks to avoid it? like a registry key? Or do I need to use a windows server to play with active directory and security strategy?

Sylvain.

simo a écrit :
Sylvain if I understand your problem correctly, you are getting problems
with a Windows "feature".

IIRC what happens is that when you copy a directory windows also changes
the ACLs to match that on it's own filesystem (if it recognizes that the
user belongs to the domain).

I don't think this is a samba problem.

Simo.

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 17:12 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED]