Todd.

I already used samba in network with more than one segment and never needed any "remote ..." option too, it worked even through a VPN. The samba books says to use that options when more than one WINS server are used, for example. Using the same WINS server in both networks, the name registration is already made in unicast, and it should pass through a router. Have you looked inside wins.dat and browse.dat on the samba server to see if is everything there? You said that you have already tested with nblookup (maybe looking there doesnt make sense then), but I think its easyer to see what your WINS server has to offer, what are the available resources and if theres any name that shouldnt be registered there that way. nbtstat -r, on the client shows that the names are really beeing resolved by the name server (WINS)?

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto