Jeremy Allison wrote:
On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 10:06:49PM -0500, Mark wrote:
_net_auth2: creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from client FLUENT02 machine account FLUENT02$

That looks like a problem with machine account verification.
Can you try rebooting a client and seeing it it gets it back
in sync ?

Fedora Core 4
Samba 3.0.23b using tdbsam

What backend filesystem are you using the the tdbsam files ?

Jeremy.

How many of the files, for example, in /var/lib/samba are critical to operation? I assume most but I figure that files like wins.dat and wins.tdb aren't maybe that important and get regenerated if necessary. Just thinking that maybe there was something cached from before the crash that might have caused the problem. But I did reboot several times, restarted services and I overwrote everything in both /etc/samba and /var/lib/samba from backup so I figured it would have put everything back the way it was the previous day. And I didn't mention it earlier but none of the XP clients crashed as they were off at the time, just to rule out corruption on the Windows clients. Although they've been known to get corrupted just sitting there.