Why not create an admin user in the ldap server which only has read access to the samba attributes of the user as well as the uid and group info. Then make that user only have those privileges from the specific IP of the other samba server.

 Duncan

Matthew Crites wrote:
Hello all.  I have a Samba PDC server working great already.  However
on another host on the network I would like to setup a Samba server
that authenticates to the same LDAP server that my Samba PDC is using.
However I want to do this anonymously without telling the second
server the admin password for LDAP.  I cannot seem to find any
documentation for anonymous LDAP authentication using Samba.  Do I
have to give Samba the admin password just to access authentication
records?