On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Guenter Kukkukk wrote:

you _need_ mount.cifs when using a credentials file!
mount.cifs reads and parses the credentials file - the cifs kernel module
does _not_!

Thank you.  This is probably dependant on my distribution, but how do I
get that file?  Is it usually installed with samba?  Do I just create it?

Thanks,
Jonathan

The mount.cifs helper stuff is part of samba.
The binary is usually installed as /sbin/mount.cifs

Guenter

Apparently I did not have samba installed at all on my system and I was using the components that I had built into the kernel. Boy do I feel sheepish. Thank you all. I appreciate your help. I hope that this thread can also help someone else in the future.

Regards,
Jonathan