simo wrote:
On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 08:52 +1300, Richard Greaney wrote:
Hi Simo
Thanks for your reply. I might have made things a little hazy in my initial post. The 40-odd servers I mentioned are all on remote client sites and each has it's own corresponding Windows server. Effectively, I have the same problem on all sites at one time or another. My issue isn't with the order of winbind mapping, but more with the fact that the SID to UID mapping appears to change over time.

This can happen only if you delete winbind_idmap.tdb
Mappings cannot change otherwise. Make sure you backup that file so that
you can restore it in case you need.

I will take a look for information about idmap_ldap as a backend to see if it is going to work with my setup.

idmap_ldap is useful if you need to share mappings, otherwise it is less
ideal for reliability and performance reasons (you start needing ldap
replicas and manage them).

Simo.

What about idmap_rid (or just rid as it's called these days)? You mentioned this in an earlier email but I read it as idmap_ldap. Obviously it doesn't work on trusted domains, but apart from that would this be the best option for use in <1000 user sites?

--

Richard Greaney
Senior Technician

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]