Denis wrote:
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
I'm running Samba 3.0.23c on Debian-arm (unstable), kernel 2.6.18.

I can copy files from the Samba server just fine, when I do it from a Linux machine.

When I want to copy files from the Samba server to a Windows XP SP2 machine (connection made from Windows), it copies a couple of files, and then everything just freezes - Samba doesn't send any more packets, and I have to reconnect all connections.

SSH connection is untouched, and this phenomenon concerns only files copied via Samba.

Anyone else seen this?

I have opposite situation, could get files from Windows but Linux fails, server runs FreeBSD. From other side I can get files using xsmbrowser but it still working very slow and I'm unable to download big file.

Any ideas what could it be?

See my answer I posted earlier - I used these socket options (on Linux on ARM):

socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=4096 SO_SNDBUF=4096

Also, this page lead me to set the buffers lower:

http://www.dd.iij4u.or.jp/~okuyamak/Documents/tuning.english.html

Replying to Aaron's message:

Without posting any logs, it's rather difficult to guess.

Samba just logged that the client had disconnected, which was only partially true, because the client certainly didn't want to connect.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org