I decided to install an older version of Samba (samba-3.0.21b) and it worked fine. 'getent group' returned groups from the AD domain like it's supposed to unlike it does with samba-3.0.23c. My shares are also working properly again. So, again, has anyone gotten 'getent group' to correctly query AD with samba-3.0.23c? Is it just a problem on FreeBSD 6.1?

Thanks,
Elvar

Elvar wrote:
I'm convinced nsswitch does not work correctly in FreeBSD 6.1-stable. Can someone please either confirm or deny.

Thanks,
Elvar

Elvar wrote:
Since upgrading to samba 3.0.23c when I try and access the samba shares it continually prompts me for a username and password. The samba server has been joined to a win2k3 domain and should be allowing access based on the windows domain accounts like it used to be doing, but that is no longer working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Elvar