did you set the smbpasswd for the user?
Yes (otherwise I could not use the servers shares), I can use the server
like a standalone server.....

And: I got it from your mail that you added the client to the domain on
No, no... The client has to join -

Chris

Tim Boneko schrieb:
Chris Hellwig schrieb:
- the attached log file is the clients log (log.clientname)
- in that log-file one can find "Checking password for unmapped user
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the new password interface" where poseidon is the
clients name.

But there is nothing in the log-file which points to a users name.

did you set the smbpasswd for the user?

And: I got it from your mail that you added the client to the domain on
the server. Is that right? I add my clients from the client machine
(Win2K: System settings -> System -> Domain membership or whatever,
don't have windows at home :-)
This works good for me and i didn't know there was a different way; i
figured that the domain settings need to be processed by the client.
Maybe you should join the domain from the client and try again.

But these are amateur thougts of course ;-)

Hth,

        timbo