My samba box is working perfectly as planned, i have 2 shares one with public acess, no username no password.. and that is working..

my problem is my "admin" share.. with is actually one directory above the public share, that i want read/write access to by anyone that knows the password.

i've read everything i can find, share-level security was definately the best choice.. but my admin share wont let anyone in..

it pops up a login box with /NAMEOCOMP/Guest greyed out in the username field.. and no matter what password we try it isnt working..

heres my smb.conf

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

#======================= Global Settings =======================

[global]
  workgroup = WORKGROUP
#  netbios name = netbios name %h
  server string =
  security = share

  hosts allow = 192.168.2.

 guest account = public
  invalid users = root
  socket options = TCP_NODELAY
 username map = /etc/samba/users.txt
#======================= Share Definitions =======================
[Andies]
  path = /data/
  username = god
  only user = yes

[data]
   read only = no
   force user = public
   guest ok = yes
   path = /data/public

my users.txt looks like:

public = *
god = bob, andy, tim

thanx in advance

Andy

Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces friends module. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk