Hi all:

As far as I know, windows 2003 sp1 restricts anonymous access to samr and
lsarpc. On windows 2003, everyone group does not include anonymous logon, thus
anonymous enumeration can’t be achieved unless anonymous logon is a member of
pre-windows 2000 compatible group. I think this is the reason why smbmount
using domain user account failed. The error message is as follows:

26520: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

SMB connection failed

The packets showed that “STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED” in SamrConnect2 request and
reply. If anonymous logon belongs to pre-windows 2000 compatible group,
smbmount ran successfully.

Will samba work around this issue?

Thanks for the replies.

Latrell.