Hello,

we use Samba on a Solaris server with SamFS and a tape library for having access to the SamFS for Windows users.

We used Norton Ghost to create backup images of our workstations and sent them via network to the Solaris server. Restoring these images often failed because of "corrupted" image files.

We thought Norton Ghost might be the problem but another backup software, Acronis, fails, too.

Do you have experiences with Samba and SamFS with large files? Is there a maximum file size limit?

With best regards,

Sebastian