Hello all,
I have a Samba server running version 2.2.8 that works fine for most of the needs that I have. However, I plan to use the Samba server to host shares that my users running Windows will use to run backup programs using Robocopy. The problem is that when the destination is a Windows drive, Robocopy is very fast because it only backs up what hasn't changed. With a Linux share, the backup takes a great deal longer I believe because of a bit that Windows uses and Linux doesn't. My question is, do the later versions of Samba have a way to deal with this problem or is it something that can't happen with Linux? Thanks.