could you please try the latest samba (or at least 3.0.23c) and use

valid users = "Unix Group"\your_local_group

???

thx

Stefan Froehlich wrote:
On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 02:35:30PM +0100, Voelz Alexander wrote:
[...] what das NOT work is to assign a samba share on B to this
local group. I tried
| valid users = @group
as well as
| valid users = @DOMAIN\group
but both ways all I get is NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.

Does wbinfo work?
e.g. does wbinfo -g list the private group?

No, it does not - but should/must this be the case? AFAIK wbinfo only
lists group, which are known in the DOMAIN context. However, @private
is a local unix group which is only relevant to the samba process on
server B. If I use any other local group (without users imported via
winbind) they are not listed by "wbinfo -g" as well, but still they
behave like expected.

Did you try "valid users = DOMAIN\private"?

I tried "valid users = @DOMAIN\private", (with the @ to indicate a
group) but it did not work either - which I expected because it is
not a group defined in the DOMAIN context.

Bye,
  Stefan