for now i'll use IP, because is a printserver and can't stop. In
future i can test this..

tanx!!!

2007/1/16, M Azer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
do you have an entry for you samba server in your dns A & PTR record. also,
make an entry in your /etc/hosts for you samba server and the AD too
I am not sure if that helps but i have the same setup as yours and never
seen this problem

On 1/16/07, Lutieri G. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi people!!
>
> i'm using samba with ADS authentication mode.  when i try access the
> server samba, from windows, using hostname(\\serversamba) is showed a
> authentication screen, I enter my username and password, but isn't
> accepted.
>
> but when i try  access via IP(\\192.168.1.1) all works. samba make the
> authentication with my username and password in AD(win2k box) . Why?
>
> sometimes this problem appear, sometimes all work fine...
>
> here is my /etc/hosts:
>
> 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
> 192.168.1.1     serversamba.domain.com.br serversamba
>
> And here is my smb.conf:
>

> [global]
>         workgroup = DOMAIN
>         realm = DOMAIN.COM.BR
>         server string = serversamba.domain.com.br
>         security = ADS
>         update encrypted = Yes
>         password server = 192.168.1.9
>         log level = 3
>         syslog = 0
>         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>         max log size = 1000
>         name resolve order = host  wins lmhosts bcast
>         printcap name = cups
>         preferred master = No
>         local master = No
>         domain master = No
>         wins server = 192.168.1.9
>         panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
>         idmap uid = 10000-20000
>         idmap gid = 10000-20000
>         template homedir = /dev/null
>         template shell = /dev/null
>         winbind separator = .
>         winbind cache time = 10
>         winbind enum users = Yes
>         winbind enum groups = Yes
>         winbind use default domain = Yes
>         force printername = Yes
>
> 192.168.1.9 is my Active Directory on win2k.
>

> tanx
> --
> Att.
> Lutieri G. B.
> --

Att.
Lutieri G. B.
Assessoria de TI - +55 (51) 3287-1662
Adm. Serv. Linux
CGTEE - Companhia de Geração Térmica de Energia Elétrica