Hello,

We currently have Samba running on a Solaris server, several Linux servers, and a Mac OSX server. The version of Samba running on the Solaris server is 2.2.8a, and the version of Samba on all the rest of the servers is 3.x.

All of our Windows computers, including those running 64 bit versions of Windows and Windows 2003 Server can access the Samba 2.2.8a server without any problems.

All 32-bit Windows XP systems are able to access the 3.x Samba servers without any problems. However, a 64-bit Windows workstation, and several workstations running Windows 2003 server cannot access any of the 3.x Samba servers. I've googled and compared the configuration files on all the machines without any luck.

We are going to the Start menu, click on "Run...", and then enter \\fileserver, and get the following error message:

\\fileserver is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The request is not supported.

Does anybody know what might be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Daryl