On Feb 16, 2007, at 12:19 PM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 05:46:08PM +0000, Bill Marshall wrote:
I think the Vmware Physical to Virtual converter
http://www.vmware.com/products/converter/ also has problems with systems that claim to host msdfs. The wizard failed with a crazy error and there wasn't a
hint until I did some network traces.

Just thought if it was wise to enable dfs by default. It
seems to cause quite difficult to track down grief in some
situations.

My experience is that "host msdfs" is OK since it just sets the capability bit. "msdfs root" can cause changes in client behaviour. We saw this in netbench testing ... I can probably dig up the traces if necessary.

--
James Peach | [EMAIL PROTECTED]