Hi all

- EXT2/3  have a maximum of 32 entries with only 28 usable.
- ReiserFS3/4 and JFS have a maximum of 8191 entries with 8187 usable.
- XFS have a maximum of 25 entries with only 21 usable.

This mean that with XFS you have the 4 regular entries (owner, group, other and the mask) plus a possibility to add 21 users or groups for the permission. I have use EXT3 with the ACL(EA) and I have no problem at all. If in your business you use MSOffice, add five more entries in your planification.

I wasn't aware of this limitation... I've just checked it on my sles9 box, and you're right...! Adding more than the mamixum number of entries gives this "very informative" error message:
host:~ # setfacl -m u:a_user:r a_file
setfacl: test: Invalid argument
host:~ #

Anyway, when using groups properly you really shouldn't hit that maximum very easily I guess...

Mourik Jan