Hello,

I have Samba setup with as a domain member server (security = ADS).

wbinfo -g works
wbinfo -u works
getent passwd works
getent group works

There is a directory name /dir/shared with the following permissions.

drwxrwxrwx  2 root                  users

The information shows up fine in Windows on the security tab
root (Unix  User\root)
usesrs (Unix Group\uses)

Now, I go into the Linux file system and change the directory permissions as
follows:

chown -R "DOMAIN\administrator" shared/ && chgrp -R "DOMAIN\Domain Users"
shared/
ls -ltr
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 DOMAIN\administror DOMAIN\domain users 4.0K

Note: If I mistype administrator an error is recieved. Which again
demonstrates windbindd is working.

chown: `DOMAIN\\Administrator': invalid user

When I go back and check the security permissions on Windows the accounts
are replaced with SIDs

Has anyone had this happen? How did you resolve it?

[global]

      workgroup = DOMAIN
      netbios name = VENENCIA
      realm = BAMBINO.COM <http://bambino.com/>