To: <samba@lists.samba.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 3:53 PM
Subject: [Samba] can´t access share by name, but on ip

Hi All !

i´m running Clearcase (IBM Rational) and have some strange problems ... when i use Samba ver 3.21b i can´t access the samba share by name (\\servername\sambashare) but i can access it on ip (\\192.168.1.100\sambashare\) i´m running debug level 10 and it seems like it can´t authenticate when access on netbios/dns/host name but on ip it can ? when running samba ver 3.23b from blastware.org it works fine to access share from windows but unfortantly Clearcase doesn´t support this version.. (something with their filesystem) any suggestions ? i dont thin it it s a dns/host/netbios problem !

sincerly

Johnny

Nessun virus nel messaggio in arrivo.
Controllato da AVG.
Versione: 7.5.447 / Database dei virus: 268.18.10/720 - Data di rilascio: 12/03/07 19.19

--
Nessun virus nel messaggio in uscita.
Controllato da AVG.