Greetings,

This is about a samba installation plugged on Active directory.

I would like to bounce on :
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-January/099472.html

I understand distribution groups are not "real" groups, as Unix people mean them. Distribution groups are, by design, only related to mailing lists, or so.

My question is pretty simple :
Is there a way to list the security groups of a domain?

"getent group" as well as "wbinfo -g" list both security and distribution groups.

Either a command line switch on wbinfo, or a smb.conf parameter would be good, in order to list only security groups.

Since I have not found this in the docs, does this exist? Does this question make sense?

BR,

Vincent