Volker Lendecke wrote:
On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 01:42:55AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I know these characters are not allowed in Windows file systems but I don't think that means SMB file names should be restricted (or at least not for linux clients). Anyways I'm mostly just using this Linux to Linux so if their isn't any way to do this, I guess I could just use NFS instead.

With latest Samba and latest CIFS you should be able to use
the posix extensions that Jeremy has put in lately. So you
have a chance here.

Volker

If I do need a new version of samba then I've have to wait for a Gentoo ebuild for it.
Right now I have samba 3.0.24 and kernel 2.6.18.
Justin