Or to get the latest deb's from Samba and still be able to use apt, add to /etc/apt/sources.list something similar to:

deb http://us3.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/Debian sarge samba

Dale

Mark Adams wrote:
Hi Rodrigo,

It is likely you are missing some dependancies.

Why is it that you did not use apt to install samba? I would recommend
you do this as apt will install all dependancies for you. A simple

apt-get install samba

should do the job.

Regards,
Mark