This doesn't sound like a Samba problem. It's more likely CUPS related.

Which printer are you using, what distribution, which CUPS driver, etc.. Sounds like the printer is getting confused when you print a banner with a RAW printjob.

Johannes Eckhardt wrote:
In my setup I'm running Samba 3.0.23d-19.2 and CUPS 1.2.7-12.1. Printing from a windows-client works fine, until I instruct CUPS to add a banner-page. The banner-page then is the only thing that gets printed. Doing the same from Linux everything works fine. I get my job including a banner-page.

The Windows-printjob is passed raw from Samba to CUPS...

Anyone has an idea?

Best,

Johannes