First some background -

We got an old, tired PII, 233 server running NT 4.0

We have a Compaq Proliant that is a quad 550 Xeon CPU, 4 GB, 320 GB of HD, a tape drive etc. It formerly was an Oracle Server that had SCO UnixWare 7 on it. Currently it is having a problem - bad controller card, but we intend to get it fixed. (Not sure if UnixWare comes with Samba or what version to use, but we also can get out hands on Red Hat Enterprise Linux) The Idea is to put some sort of Unix / Linux on it and Samba, and replace the NT 4.0 machine.

Although we have some work ahead of us, I was wondering, if you set up a shared directory on a machine, can user create a directory in it on their own from a client Windows machine ????

If it is not easy for the users to work with, they will not like it. ...