Hi list,
          Issue regarding the samba log files. In the samba configuration
file Global settings i have the parameter to
get log files of particular samba shares in the share_name.log format. For
that i have given the parameter as
       log file = /var/log/%S.log
According to the docs the log files will be generated for particular shares
in the /var/log and for %S the sharename has to come.
But for us its showing as %S.log itself. We have tried with %m and %U which
is replaced with the machine netbios name and the samba
username respectively.
Can anybody tell me why its not working with %S? Or i have to do something
more to get it work?
I am attaching Global Settings part of the samba configuration file here,

[global]
       server string=sanat server
       netbios name=sanat
       wins server=192.168.0.1
       log level=2
       security=user
       encrypt passwords=yes
       socket options=TCP_NODELAY
       read raw=yes
       write raw=yes
       oplocks=no
       level2 oplocks=no
       template shell=/bin/false
       unix extensions=no
       directory mask=0770
       create mask=0770
       veto
files=/aquota.group/aquota.user/lost+found/.owner*/quota.user/quota.group/
       root preexec=/usr/local/samba/bin/smb-preexec '%S' '%I' '%U' '%a'
'%T'
       root preexec close=Yes
       root postexec=/usr/local/samba/bin/smb-postexec '%S' '%I' '%U' '%a'
'%T'
       log file = /var/log/%S.log

Thanks in advance.
--