On 5/10/07, Jerome Steunenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a Samba PDC on which I use the "check password script" option in
smb.conf to enforce a specific password complexity policy when the XP
user changes his password with Ctrl-Alt-Del.
This works fine, but when the password does not comply with the password
complexity policy, XP shows the following dialog box:

"The password supplied does not meet the minimum complexity
requirements. Please select another password that meets all of the
following criteria: is at least 5 characters; has not been used in the
previous 0 passwords [...] Type a password which meets these
requirements in both text boxes"

I *think* that the details of this error message are determined by
whatever Windows thinks the password security policy is.  That's
configured under Local Security Policy (which is under Control Panel,
under Administrative Tools).  Go under Account Policies, under
Password Policy, and check the settings there.

Josh Kelley