Hello,

My samba drive works well on my XP machines and ACLs work fine as well.
XP users can add new user permissions to files and folders and they are inherited for all NEW files and folders created in the future.

But, adding a new permission on the security tab to a folder does not alter the EXISTING files/sub-folders like it does on a real windows network drive.

I am running Samba 3.0.24/25 on Solaris 10/9 machines and here are my current settings:

        acl compatibility = auto
        acl check permissions = Yes
        acl group control = No
        acl map full control = Yes