Dave skrev:
Hello,
I'm running samba 3.2.5. I've got two printers only one of which i want the network to see. In my smb.conf global section i have:

load printers = no
printing = cups
printcap name = cups

and my printer definition:

[printername]
comment = network printer
path = /var/spool/samba
browsable = no
guest ok = no
writable = no
printable = yes

and in my network neighborhood the printer doesn't show up. If i change the name of that share to [printers] and the load printers option to yes setting up all printers to be visible the printers show up. Can i only see this one printer?
Thanks.
Dave.

Dear Dave

The easiest way is to use the default printer setup. Then use the following examples that i have from this url http://www.collaborium.org/onsite/benin/lectures/simone/samba-printing.html

To create a private personal printer add the section:

[privateprn]
comment = pc1 private printer
path = /var/spool/samba
printer = printer1
public = no
writable = no
printable = yes
valid users = pc1

To create a group accessible printer add the section:

[groupprn]
comment = guest user group printer
path = /var/spool/samba
printer = printer1