Is this simply impossible? No one's replied, or suggested another alternative... Am I asking on the wrong list perhaps?

   -- A

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [Samba] Help with permissions
Date:   Tue, 22 May 2007 12:47:24 -0600
From:   Ashley M. Kirchner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     samba@lists.samba.org

Hi Folks. I'm trying to setup Samba and having a bit of a problem... However, I'm not sure if it's a Samba issue, or NFS issue. The setup is as follows:

 Server 1  --> exports /storage/ftpusers
In that folder, there are numerous user folders that are owned by each specific user.

 Server 2  --> nfs mounts server1:/storage/ftpusers as /mnt/ftpusers
At the same time, it also has /mnt/ftpusers setup to be shared through Samba as follows:

 [ftpusers]
    comment = Client FTP
    browseable = yes
    writable = yes
    path = /mnt/ftpusers
    guest ok = yes
    public = yes
    read only = no

 Server 3 (which is a windows box) will then get onto //server2/ftpusers

The problem I'm having is that I can't see/write anything inside any of the user folders that's within /ftpusers from the windows box. My guess is because the WinBox accesses it as a guest user, where the folder are owned by real users. I need to be able to do this so we can place files for our clients into their respective folders (from within our network - hence the convoluted way of doing things.)

 Suggestions?