Saulius G wrote:
I tried to find more information on this topic. What I found made me
to think that such clean migration (when there are windows xp domain
members) is not possible, after migration all
windows xp members will have to be rejoined manually. Is it true?
I migrate an NT4 domain a few week ago without problems.
But it was a small domain and the passdb backend was tdb, not ldap.

However, following the samba howto, I found one step missing in chapter 36, procedure 36.1: maybe your domain SID doesn't match the NT4's one.

Before "net rpc vampire", try to fetch the domain SID with "net rpc getsid", and then vampire users.

Just my 2 cents... :-)
DaC