Josh Kelley wrote:
On 5/31/07, Charles Marcus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would recommend against doing this... Microsoft itself recommends
against it, but I have also had problems with corruption in .pst files
that are stored on a network share, both on Windows shares *and* Samba
shares...

Just to share my own experience, we've been running our PSTs off of
Samba shares for several years now without seeing any corruption.  We
used to have some locking errors with this setup, but adding the
following line to smb.conf stopped them:

  veto oplock files = /*.pst/*.PST/

Yes, I tried that, but after the next corrupted file, moved them back to local disk that gets synced at logout.

Thankfully, I don't have to deal with Outlook any more, and all email is served via IMAP...

--

Best regards,

Charles