Hello,

I have a client with a windows utility that relies on "touch"ing (changing
the mod time) on zero-length files in a folder for the purpose of judging
when that folder was last accessed.  This works fine for him on mapped
windows servers, and from the local disk, but from a Samba (v3.0.22) volume,
the mod time doesn't change unless there was an actual data change within
the file.  (ie, clicking "save" in notepad doesn't change the mod time
unless he enters some data first.).  I know this seems pretty trivial, but
it seems to make all the difference for some backup and SCADA software
packages.

Any ideas what I could do to fix this?

This is what the smb.conf looks like:

[global]